Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekly Review : RoboGeisha DVD

Welcome to my first of hopefully a long string of  worthless, pointless, rambling, reviews.  I'll be covering media ranging from movies and music to comics and video games. This first week I'll be reviewing the DVD release of RoboGeisha.  To say that this was a strange experience would be the understatement of the year. RoboGeisha is to comic horror films what Godzilla was to monster movies. It's beneath a "B" movie somewhere on that "man-in-a-rubber-suit" level of film-making.  On a basic level its one of the worst movies you'll ever see but in seeing it you'll be entertained if not made to feel extremely uncomfortable.  The story, as much as I strain to use that word, revolves around a girl who has been wronged by her family and primarily her sister.  Running away with the promise of finding a better life she falls into the clutches of an evil steel corporation. Yeah, you heard me, an evil steel corporation.  This company is just a front for a mad businessman to develop an army of robotic Geisha to carry out his bidding.  And hilarity ensues. Really one of the best worst movie I have ever witnessed.  I sat in shock and squirmed at the inclusion of "ass-swords" "bleeding skyscrapers", and ninja stars shot from one's ass.
Furthermore this film contains one of the best lines I think I will ever hear, "I too have an ass sword." Poetry sheer horrible poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment