Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Recent ramblings....

 Winter has come outta hiding this week.  We should all enjoy the cold and snow, because summer is gonna be like the 6 level of hell. Not quite the seventh but bad enough.  I recieved my first set of grades last week in my drawing class.  This whole college experiment has just been a constant reminder of my lack of confidence.  I got all A's.  I don't know why that was so shocking.  The teacher said she'd have to be extra picky with me. I was also asked to do some illustrations for the school paper. We'll see if that pans out.  On the family front Rita got a new car..our first Hybrid YAY!  You feel that Mr. Tree? That's me hugging you.  I'm amazed at how unlike a car this car sounds. When you start it up it just goes "mmmmmeh."
So until next time remember "Sometimes at dusk, when you were trying to relax and not think of the general stagnation, the Garbage God would gather a handful of those choked-off morning hopes and dangle them somewhere just out of reach; they would hang in the breeze and make a sound like delicate glass bells, reminding you of something you never quite got hold of, and never would." -Hunter S. Thompson.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Hunter S., also remember:

    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."

    from "Song of the Sausage Creature" see http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

    ReplyDelete